Missed a golden opportunity

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nestor_Kelebay

Emperor Penguin
Reaction score
Aww CRAP!

I didn't discover this web site until AFTER the Superbowl game.

istreak

I coulda been famous. Everybody woulda known my name. I coulda been an inspiration to the world, especially if I snuck into the US to do it, too!

Well, there's always next year.

Sit ups would ruin it. Streaking is about shock and disgust. Excellent Nestor. Now you need to start the Canadian version.

It's not shock and disgust!

It's about complete freedom of expression.

Heck if I could post a video in here, I'd treat everyone in here to some nude solo interpretive dance.

But, I couldn't guarantee that people wouldn't be shocked and disgusted.

I got arrested for doing that in the soccer field at Assiniboine Park.

Nestor send it to old dog since his popcorn is ready!

I'm kinda wondering why that popcorn is "crisp" even though there's probably a half pound of coconut butter in each of those containers.

I'm figuring it's crisp on top and soggy at the bottom, but they probably didn't want to print that on the container.

ummm.... Nestor, I know it's cold in the "Peg", but you do know that streaking means bare nekkid! That dude is a poser with his nasty beige gonch! You could have easily one-upped him by actually streaking! Mind you, he doesn't appear to be hiding anything anyway - he ought to check out the post on tape measures. We may have gone metric here in Canada, but an inch is still an inch, IMHO.

That accent of his doesn't work on me either. Mind you, he likely doesn't get any attention whatsoever with his clothes on, so good for him for making an effort.

Go Nestor! As you said, there's always next year!

Cheers,
Holly

ummm.... Nestor, ...you do know that streaking means bare nekkid!

Oh, yes, I'm aware of that. Running across a football field with your clothes on is just some shmuck delaying the game to everyone's annoyance. Running across a football field naked is a sure fire crowd pleaser. It beats the half time show every time for entertainment value.

There's some stuff you just never get tired of.

Ugly people bits bouncing around? Ehh... I would prefer a marching band.

Nestor if you were in fact as testicular as you would have everyone believe - there's some Olympic games going on in your own country you could go streak. Don't forget your insulated mink johnson mitten. It gets cold up that way.:)

streaker.gif

Cute- Nestor!
Watched the opening ceremonies last night- pretty cool. Are your "aboriginies" (sp?) what we call Native Americans... ? It was all pretty interesting. I'm embarrassed to say I don't know enough about your country & culture. It was very interesting. Good job Canada! Now get rid of that rain (poor Wayne Gretzky) and bring on the snow !

Are your "aboriginies" (sp?) what we call Native Americans... ? It was all pretty interesting. I'm embarrassed to say I don't know enough about your country & culture. It was very interesting. Good job Canada! Now get rid of that rain (poor Wayne Gretzky) and bring on the snow !

The aboriginal peoples of Canada are the Canadian equivalent of your Native Americans. They were individual nations before the white people settled the continent, but now have banded together to collectively resolve treaty claims with the Government of Canada.

Those natives looked all cute and cuddly on TV last night, but there has been an awful lot of bad blood between the white and native peoples in Canada. A few years back, the native people in some Ontario reserves blocked a major highway into Toronto so that people had to drive many miles out of their way to get to and from work. In one town in British Columbia, a town had been built on native land that was under a 100 year lease from the natives. At the end of the lease, the natives demanded their land back, including everything the whites had built on that land, and that would mean that thousands of people would simply loose their homes and businesses. I don't know how that dispute ended. Here in Canada, natives living on reserves don't pay income tax, get all their medical and dental needs taken care of free of charge, don't have to pay for glasses or hearing aids or prescription druge, and are given houses to live in on the reserves. Still, alcoholism, drug abuse, family violence and child abuse runs rampant on those reserves. My nephew flies an airplane up to many of the reserves in Manitoba, and they call those flights "Coke and potato chip runs" because that's half of the cargo the plane takes up to the reserves. The native people in Canada put some of the money they were given toward building their own University in Saskatchewan where both native and white kids could attend university. That University has since been shut down and funding stopped because the money that was earmarked for legitimate expenses ended up in the pockets of the Board of Directors of that University. Here in Manitoba, one drug and alcohol treatment center run by natives in Manitoba was shut down because the manager of the center saw fit to take the entire staff on a Caribean Cruise which supposedly had someone giving a class at one point on the cruise about treating drug and alcohol addiction. Basically, they used the money they were given for running the treatment center to go on a cruise.

No, they didn't show a drunk native passed out on the sidewalk in the winter during the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver Olympics. They portrayed our natives as being well dressed responsible citizens. Many of them are, but there are enough that aren't that there's generally widespread prejudice against natives in Canada. Joke: "What do you call a native in a $99 suit?" Answer: "The accused."

The weather on the east coast of Canada, just like the east coast of the USA is heavily influenced by the Pacific Ocean. It almost never snows along the coast because of the moderating influence of the ocean. Instead, Vancouver and Victoria get lots and lots and lots of rain. Just like Seattle.

Last edited:
Then why did Vancouver get chosen for the Olympics ?
We just had another 10" dumped on us yesterday- we could've had the Olympics here in little 'ol Indiana

Then why did Vancouver get chosen for the Olympics ?
We just had another 10" dumped on us yesterday- we could've had the Olympics here in little 'ol Indiana

Granite Girl, Indiaina doesn't have aboriginies or mtns do they? Luging down the side of an interstae overpass just won't win the gold...

Darn!
I bet I could find some people who could play like aboriginies

Latest posts

Back