Mower parts, instead for switching too elec.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snoonyb

Reaction score
I'm looking for a source for a, 149cc KOHLER XTX650 OHV, MOWER engine, that fits on a TORO mower.

Thanks, that's what I'm finding, in weighing rebuild/replace.

If I lived over there and didn’t want to move. I would smuggle in a gas powered mower.

I have had several over the years that needed an engine transplant and always found it was cheaper to buy a new mower than an engine.

Our local ACE is the place had their spring lineup out front and 4 EV models and a couple old gasser designs behind. I asked the guy how were the EVs selling and he said not good. Actually for me I have a riding mower so I use the rotary for just edging around and really only run it for 10 minutes a week so electric would likely do the job. He asked me if I wanted to buy one and I told him when my gas mower dies I might but at 10 minutes a week and changing the oil regularly it will likely outlive me.

Ours was a rebuilt, used and has lasted 5yrs, and I think that the sustainability of elec. will continue to evolve for another decade.

Folks used to laugh while I used and maintained my push mower in SO.CA.

Back