My latest restore project

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to update to C-7s. First I have to catch up with two split window and 427 66 coupe. The new design is really tempting

We need to update to C-7s. First I have to catch up with two split window and 427 66 coupe. The new design is really tempting

Well, I would like the opportunity to re-design the rear end of the C-7. If you have a split window coupe, you have all you need. I will trade you my 99 FRC. :D

Thanks for the advice on my Vendo Bob. It will be a total restoration. I did have the complete cooling unit redone a couple of years ago and it cools perfectly. But just as you mention, the gaskets are original and have quite doing their job so the area around the door has been sweating and has started some very minor rust in those area.
I am sure I will be reaching out for advice as I progress.
Cheers!
Mickm

Thanks for the advice on my Vendo Bob. It will be a total restoration. I did have the complete cooling unit redone a couple of years ago and it cools perfectly. But just as you mention, the gaskets are original and have quite doing their job so the area around the door has been sweating and has started some very minor rust in those area.
I am sure I will be reaching out for advice as I progress.
Cheers!
Mickm

No problem. Anytime you need some help, let me know. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

Well, I would like the opportunity to re-design the rear end of the C-7. If you have a split window coupe, you have all you need. I will trade you my 99 FRC. :D

My wives summer driver is a 75 42k convertible. I really don't have any interest in later years , .... except a 14 or 15. Were on the hunt for a 62 or older. If I buy a restored expensive version than we would sell one of the split windows.
My summer project is a 63 Bel Air 2 door post, a former W engine car. West coast body which doesn't need panels or paint.
I have a 68 L-88 engine minus carb and air cleaner if you want to put some spark in that C-5.

StingRayCaretaker,
IF you decide to sell one of the split windows, would you let me know? I have been looking for one.

Bob,
Thanks, I am quite certain I will be looking to you for some advice at some point and time during my restoration.

Merry Christmas guys!
Mickm

I can't believe the prices they sell for. Half correct projects start at 40k. One year only parts make them very costly if not complete.

Happy New Year to all. May 2015 bring you all good health and wonderful times with family and friends.

Happy New Year to you as well Bob!

The C-1 trail has come to an end. We purchased a 1960 290 hp big brake fuel injected car, original down to the owners manual, with a tom of options. Stored for 33 years a bit of a project to get it running.
Two weeks later I found a 1961 soft top only in a thousand pieces. Bought it for the price of a good frame. Incidently its a southern car with cleanest frame I have ever seen on a C-1. About 85% of the parts are present so.... puzzle it is.

The C-1 trail has come to an end. We purchased a 1960 290 hp big brake fuel injected car, original down to the owners manual, with a tom of options. Stored for 33 years a bit of a project to get it running.
Two weeks later I found a 1961 soft top only in a thousand pieces. Bought it for the price of a good frame. Incidently its a southern car with cleanest frame I have ever seen on a C-1. About 85% of the parts are present so.... puzzle it is.

Sounds like a great project, post some pics when you can.

Latest posts

Back