newest addition to the garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats not my dog by the way the previous owner took these pics.

I like the lumber rack and shell.

That will make a nice work truck.

Best part is I think I could easily double or triple my money.

Haha before I read your 2nd post, I was going to ask how the head gaskets are holding up. Those poor 3.0's Pretty bullet proof other than that. Nice truck.

Ive heard and seen on some forums that toyota did a recall on these trucks for head gaskets ive thought about runnin the vin with yota and see if they had been done on this one I dont know if its been to long or if they will even still honer the recall at this point whether its been done or not?????????

From what I understand, any recalls must be honored regardless of age or buyer. Question I have would be whether there was ever an actual recall or not. I've had Toyota trucks from 1986 thru 2003, and never remember any recall with the head gasket.

I'm just going on what I have seen in forums and dont have any real facts to back this up so you are probably right.

Wouldn't hurt to call any Toyota dealer. They love recalls and make mega-bucks fixing them.

I remember my '90 Jeep Wrangler had a parking brake recall once. It was used to haul my boat into the water and back, and I would never trust it on the road. Jeep said to bring it in for a free fix, and when I just asked for the parts, they declined saying it was a safety issue and they could not guarantee my work was sufficient to stop a lawsuit if I screwed up.

Nice! Is that a phony cell phone antenna?

Latest posts

Back