Pet Peeves

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

We all have them. What is yours?

One of mine is when I send an email usually for work and the reply I get is like they didn't read a word of what I wrote.

Last week I sent a two page email about an issue on a project. Response was" I don't know what the issue is but install the drains"

Today I sent an email to my CPA asking if she could open the attachments before I go through the trouble of converting the rest. Response was " I got the attachment but I'm missing these two"

Can't people just read?

Stupid auto correct in my phone, I'll have to fix that later.

Sometimes it's lack of attention from the recipient. Some times it's an unclear explanation from the sender. Plain simple language and a direct request of the thing you need them to do is important.

One place I worked only the sales secretary was allowed to use the copy machine.
I set a stack of papers on her deck with a post it sticker attached on top of the pile saying make 5 copy's please.
She made 5 copy's of the note, and none of the papers I needed copy.
She brought the whole pile back to me and said that was a waste of my time.

My pet peeve of late is people making movies with their smart phone and not turning the phone sideways, so when you watch it on tv it fits the screen instead of just the middle 1/3.

My old boss asked for progress reports to be sent out explaining projects. After a couple of them he called me in and said I need the report to be 50 words or less. From then on I set the word count and when I got to 50 words I quit typing mid-sentence and sent out the report figuring people would go WHAT? No one said a word so I knew no one was even reading them.

I refer to such things as digging holes to bury dirt.

mine is people who do not know how to use a phone.

the phone rings, I pick it up and the person who called asks who I am.

wth? you called me, who the hell are you ?

another pet peeve.

when the light turns green, the car in the left lane leaves the intersection, turns left, into the right hand lane.
wth?

it is my understanding, you must complete the turn, in your lane, THEN, lane change

Have a friend who says $320 is too much money to spend on a golf cart part, so he is asking me to drive an hour and a half to pick up the same part, so he can save $20.

Latest posts

Back