Printer wont print

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

I need someone smarter than I. My work computer decided it would not print anything anymore. Its a Brother MFC-J6920DW printer. It is about two years old now. It has worked fine for about a year and a half and then all of a sudden it won't print. If I click print from whatever program it will go to the que like it wants to print but just sit there. If I restart my computer it will sometimes print the que stuff after it restarts. I removed and reinstalled the printer and it is doing the same thing. It is also wireless. My front office computer has no problem with it at all and it is also wireless. I am about to throw this thing out the window.

I need someone smarter than I
We all do.

Since you say it works fine with the other computer. that means the prob is with your computer. First question is; what operating system (win 7, win 10, OSX)?
You may have to reinstall the driver. You may have also accidentally turned off sharing.

Windows 10. I removed the device and reinstalled it if that makes any sense.

Windows logo in the lower left corner, then click on settings. On the next screen, click on devices. Your list of printers should appear, see if your printer is listed and if there are any warnings or messages about it. if you don't see any printers listed, check the left side of screen to see if the printers menu is highlighted. if not, click on printers to bring up the list.

BFH copy.jpg

Last edited:
No warning and the only message is 2 Documents in queue which I can delete and still nothing happens.

Try deleting the printer from the list and then adding it back in.
Or... from the settings window, use the search box in the upper right corner to find the "device drivers" then update the printer driver.

Just run a cable out the window abd around the house and back in the other window. You have failed the redneck test:clap:

Try deleting the printer from the list and then adding it back in.
Or... from the settings window, use the search box in the upper right corner to find the "device drivers" then update the printer driver.

Done that twice. No help.

Just run a cable out the window abd around the house and back in the other window. You have failed the redneck test:clap:

I would but this is a concrete tilt up building with a huge warehouse, it would take a lot of cord and my windows don't open.

But then the front office lady will see all the pictures of me working naked.

I had this problem with my bluetooth printer recently. I had to reconfigure the IP address to match it to the house IP address. For some stupid reason, it lost the address. Does your printer have a screen to adjust these settings?

Latest posts

Back