Roofing project online

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomC (Md)

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I did another section of the roof this past weekend, and the pictures are online at:

http://www.AntlerProperties.com/roof.html

Look in section #2 for the update.

Thanks for the discussion from the first installment!

Responses to feedback from the other posting:
- The lower drip edge (at the gutterboard) *is* under the felt paper.
- The rake drip edge is over the paper - I took a better photo this time.

If you have any suggestions, please send them along!

TomC

nice job on the saddle but one thing about it (is code in maryland when i lived in calvert co anyway)you should take a small hand head grinder up there and cut a 1/2 in grove into the brick and mortar 2"above the crickett to install flashing from the chimney to the crickett and then pack the gap with tar from a chalk gun(i had better results with that)and install a second layer of shingles on top of the crickett only. that is how i had to do it in p.g. county. largo,peace cross and capital hights also required the use of copper flashing but judging by your photos you are not in those areas or were unawere of that but roofing was not stickly enforced.the last few years i was there i didn't even have to get a permit.but it does look like you are doing a nice job!

CLAIM THAT ON YOUR INSURANCE. IT'S A SIMPLE LOSS. KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET WHILE REPLACING TO MATCH.
IT'S NATURAL FOR THE CRASH COURSE TRAINED, LAWYER GROOMED ADJUSTERS TO SAY THAT'S NOT WHAT CAUSED IT. BUT DONT BACK OFF. AND AS FAR AS DEPRECIATION GOES, GIVE THEM A BID TO DETACH TILES TO ACCESS & TIGHTEN FASTENERS. DO THAT FIRST, THEY HAVE TO PAY {ACCESS TO REPAIR}. THEY CANT DEPRECIATE A REPAIR EITHER. THEN LET PHASE 2 BE THE NOTICED "CUTS". THAT'S WHEN THEY CAN VISIBLY SEE TO PAY YOU TO REPLACE IN IT'S ENTIRETY....also get reimbursed on what you done as temporary repairs.
Good Luck, Monty
[email protected] / The Roof Whisperer.com

Back