Scrap Wood

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Stella was a parlor sized guitar. I have an Epiphone nylon string guitar that I bought on closeout that's almost as small. I really need to get it back within grab reach of my easy chair. One within easy reach is handy for playing along with whatever one's listening to. I have a 68¢ aluminum capo coming in my latest Temu order.

Closeouts can be wonderful. I picked up a 20W multi-mode Behringer amp for less than the price of a pedal. I think Sweetwater Sound has the latest version for $99.

Last edited:
I hang mine up to save space/avoid kicks and trips, plus having them at eye level encourages me to grab them off the wall and play them more...though I've been pretty good about keeping regular play/practice as a daily habit this year anyway. They would be cool to display but too much of a temptation for the kids, so mine are actually all hanging in out-of-the-way corners in my office and bedroom.

Ain't that just the way it goes. I made it somewhat of a point not to own any guitars I was too afraid to take out and risk scratching by playing them.
I wish I could still play. Arthritis got me.

I have a friend who was a fantastic bluegrass flat picker until arthritis set in.

I have a friend who was a fantastic bluegrass flat picker until arthritis set in.
I played a fairly decent lead guitar. Can't even fit my fingers on the finger board now.

Back