Security Cameras

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelowna

Retired Quack
Reaction score
Security cameras, I want them mostly outdoors to show people, vehicles and such, maybe a few inside. What is good for cameras, and a recording device to hook them to. Will not be hooked to an actual computer, just want to record stuff, so if an issue arises we can go back and review the footage.

I think I saw a decent setup at Costco not to long ago. Any 300-500 dollar setup should be fine for what you are looking for. I have been wanting to do the same for a while now since my backyard got broken into and someone stole all the beer from my bar.

I have Costco cameras. Lots of bang for the bucks you put out. Of course, the resolution isn't the best, but works great for me. I have 4 color cameras, and a 14 day hard drive loop, and was $300 off and it cost me about $300....shipped to the house.

I'm going to give you a taste of your own medicine and like everything you've posted in! :D

Okay I think I liked enough posts for now, do more after I make dinner for my beautiful wife.

Pretty sure it is Austin testing things/ spamming up our thread.

Then I guess I will have to ban him.

IP address is from his neck of the woods, so I figured it was either him or his other personality Keith!

Sorry guys I was concerned we had a new spammer come in, so reported it as soon as I saw it, hope my report didn't cause issues.

Not at all! We need people to be on the lookout, but without fingers who like every post. As they say, payback is an ***** (ex-wife!)

Why not, I did! :D

Latest posts

Back