Seeking Advice on Effective Carpet Cleaning Methods

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobes

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been grappling with a carpet cleaning dilemma and could use some advice.

My carpets have accumulated stains and odors over time, and I'm unsure which cleaning method would be most effective.

I've heard about steam cleaning, dry cleaning, and DIY solutions, but I'm not sure which one would yield the best results without damaging the carpet fibers.

If anyone has experience or expertise in this area, I'd greatly appreciate your insights.

Are there any particular products or techniques you swear by? Any pitfalls I should avoid?

Hey everyone,

I've been grappling with a carpet cleaning dilemma and could use some advice.

My carpets have accumulated stains and odors over time, and I'm unsure which cleaning method would be most effective.

I've heard about steam cleaning, dry cleaning, and DIY solutions, but I'm not sure which one would yield the best results without damaging the carpet fibers.

If anyone has experience or expertise in this area carpet cleaning Fort Worth Texas, I'd greatly appreciate your insights.

Are there any particular products or techniques you swear by? Any pitfalls I should avoid?
appreciate any help with this. thanks in advance

We use baking soda.

Sprinkle it on, sweep it into the nap. Then sprinkle some more and grind it around with clean shoes.
Wait a few hours for the odors & oils to be absorbed & vacuum it up.

It is amazing how much dirt the baking soda picks up- and odors, too. Even our white carpet's foot traffic path stains come up.
Plus it's fragrance free, so no nasty chemical perfumes are applied like with the commercial sprinkle it on products.

Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth also works well on dirt (not so much on odors) and will kill any insects that may be deep in the carpets.

It's probably wise to keep pets off until vacuumed in case the baking soda or diatomaceous earth irritates the little guys' paws.

Paul
PS: Throw the vacuum bag away when you're done because it's going to stink like crazy!

Back