Shutter painting colors house exterior

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flo879

Reaction score
Hi All,
I want to paint my house shutters, between these two colors, which one is best? originally it was the color before on top, but I do not want red.
The two colors are Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal (right) & Benjamin moore briarwood (left). or none of these colors?..ugh this process is hard!

87a27a76012be26c_5968-w500-h329-b0-p0--.jpg

58c27e62012be270_5968-w500-h337-b0-p0--.jpg

Thoughts? thank you!

Personally, my preference is the characol one. I don't like when all the colors are mostly the same. I feel you loose detail of the different elements of the house. Contrast adds detail. Just my 2 cents.

I would say charcoal or maybe blue slate which is close to charcoal with a bluish tint.

Add me to the darker more contrast colors.

Thanks all leaning towards the darker one, I even looked at sherwin williams charcoal blue..not bad. Any other color suggestions?

If you prefer the lighter shade, I would suggest that you go for mint blue.

I too like the dark, charcoal color. In fact, I also love a front door painted the same color as the shutters. For me, it makes the entire house color pop with color.

I like the lighter one because it won't get as hot, won't absorb as much of the heat, and is less likely to fade over time. Very dark colors like charcoal/black tend to fade and end up looking horrible. You could do a neutral gray color or a slate blue (as others have suggested). I think either would work. It's personal preference. I love black for interior stuff (my furniture is black) but it does not do well outside IMO.

Latest posts

Back