Small section behind door strike plate is not sealed.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syllinx

Reaction score
I have notcied that newer homes are I guess, sealed behind where dead bolt goes in and regular log goes in. Mine are all open so you can drop pennies or junk into door frame. I feel air coming in from them. Is there a super cheap way to seal them that look decent? Thanks ahead of time.

Actually it's the method accomplished when setting the door jamb in place. Pulling the trimmer over against the jamb, instead of shimming to fit, eliminates that space.

The quick method would be to shoot some foam in.

Some higher-end locks come with a flanged plastic cup meant to be inletted into the jamb with the strike plate fitting on top. Don't know if they can be had separately. Haven't seen them in a few years as I'm supplied cheap stuff anymore.

Some higher-end locks come with a flanged plastic cup meant to be inletted into the jamb with the strike plate fitting on top. Don't know if they can be had separately. Haven't seen them in a few years as I'm supplied cheap stuff anymore.
Thank you both for the help. A few of my locks came with the plastic cap but are way to big. I'm just now learning more a bout home repair. All of our outlets wiring is reversed lol.

Back