Some pics of what I do.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The double gang box was full of black soot. Managed to cap the wires and pulled the connection in the main panel too. Sorry, the GFCIs got tossed but this photo is a close example of the before and after ...

BURNED.jpg

The double gang box was full of black soot. Managed to cap the wires and pulled the connection in the main panel too. Sorry, the GFCIs got tossed but this photo is a close example of the before and after ...

Ouch.. The burnt one looks like a screaming/horrified face. LOL. (well, 2 screaming/horrified faces).

What caused the burn? Were they hooked to a breaker that was too high voltage or something? (Despite having taken electronics in high school over 20 years ago, I don't really know all that much about circuit breakers and such).

We don't know what caused the short but I had discovered it previously and wanted to trace it. The knucklehead electrician kinda eliminated that option by setting it on fire. I was literally standing over his shoulder holding a flashlight when he reached for the breaker. Told him "Don't turn it on" and he did it anyway.

Fortunately, the fire was small and contained in the receptacle box. Scared the hell out of the staff!

In emergencies, it is often better to become deadly serious and calm. Freaking out and getting emotional often leads to bad decisions. You can get excited afterwards over beer ...

Airplane-LightningStrike.jpg

Yeah. I'm glad that nobody got hurt.

Cue the "Like A Boss" song from Lonely Island. :p

On a complete bizarre train of thought thing, my road was closed yesterday because they were digging a culvert. The equipment in the last pics reminded me of that for some reason. And it made me think it would be funny if they did a reality show about the people who do Chris' sort of work and called it "Culvert Operations"...

I have a very strange mind...

I saw that about the Honey Boo Boo thing.. Canceled because of a rumor. That is just sad. Granted, its even sadder if the rumor turns out to be true.

I didn't watch the program but I think my mother did.

And this has gone so off-topic. lol.

Back