Strike for rim lock on door stop side

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccandreva

Reaction score
I'm looking for a specific type of interior door strike, used when a rim lock is mounted on the inside or door stop side of the door. It appears to be cast iron, ticker than usual, and is a small l-shape to provide a meal front strike surface for the door stop.

I know these exist because I have one in my hand. There were several in my house originally, one can tell my looking at the stops. My parent's house also has doors mounted this way. It seems to have been used for closets and basement / attic doors.
Does anyone know what these are called ? Other than the fact that I have one sitting here I can't find any mention of them anywhere. I am thinking this because I just don't know what to search for them as. I'd like to find at least one to replace a broken one here. Any help is appreciated !

Strike-1.jpgStrike-2.jpg

I'm looking for a specific type of interior door strike, used when a rim lock is mounted on the inside or door stop side of the door. It appears to be cast iron, ticker than usual, and is a small l-shape to provide a meal front strike surface for the door stop.

I know these exist because I have one in my hand. There were several in my house originally, one can tell my looking at the stops. My parent's house also has doors mounted this way. It seems to have been used for closets and basement / attic doors.
Does anyone know what these are called ? Other than the fact that I have one sitting here I can't find any mention of them anywhere. I am thinking this because I just don't know what to search for them as. I'd like to find at least one to replace a broken one here. Any help is appreciated !

View attachment 31706View attachment 31705
Welcome.

I would venture too say that they are not likely available, in that configuration, and those that are used now, are quite expensive.

You can find local commercial door hrdw. venders here; The Blue Book Building & Construction Network - Captcha

Welcome.

I would venture too say that they are not likely available, in that configuration, and those that are used now, are quite expensive.

You can find local commercial door hrdw. venders here; The Blue Book Building & Construction Network - Captcha
Thanks for the reply. I suppose I should have said I'm not looking or new lol. I'm trying to find something on Ebay, Etsy, etc among all the other antique hardware. This seems to be the one thing I can't find.
I've had pretty good luck finding various bits of "Lockwood broken leaf" hardware to replace what else is missing. Heck I've even seen the original 1887 catalog pages online ! :)

There are also brass fabricators who may form/compose something for you, but the price may be restrictive. Another Idea is if there are metal trade schools who would be interested in pursuing that as a project.

Back