The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back out to the farm today for, I hope, the last day of metal work on my smoker.

I saw a beautiful SKS on my phone this morning. It had a collapsible stock and a great bayonet. The guy that sent the pic must be a friend of mine who lives in Arizona or one of the other 48 states which allow Americans to buy and keep firearms, just like our Constitution says we are allowed to buy and keep, and not California, the land of the fruits and nuts.

Yeah I saw that one too. Must have been that guy from AZ.

Yeah, I would have a serious problem with the government disarming citizens. I'm not a paranoid person, but that is usually one of the first steps before the government relives citizens of other liberties.

I understand disarming felons, but not law-abiding citizens who actually respect and use guns carefully.

Went out to go pick up carpet for a job today and my work van wouldn't start. While I am messing with it, my wife calls, she took the granddaughters to a donut shop and her mini van won't start. Got my wife's van going, still working on the other one.

When it rains, it pours.....

Luckily, it's an empty house and the customer is in no hurry. I'll pick up the carpet tomorrow with my trailer.

My brother has been dumping stuff from the store on the kitchen floor and I was going through taking things out of bags to police up the bags so they weren't in the way. There was a bottle of roundup and the bag handle twisted around it and pulled the cap off so it spilled on me, the floor, the bags, a jar of pickles..... Ugh.. So I had to clean that up. Washed a bunch of dishes, cooked for mom, and researched stuff on the internet.

I need the weather to cool down so I can work on some stuff outside.

Interesting day. I was unloading carpet and pad and carrying it into a house. I had noticed an ambulance across the street but didn't pay much attention Next thing I know, two EMTs start carrying my carpet up to the porch and handing it to me. They said they just thought I might like some help. Great guys.

Why are you installing sprinklers, you don't have any water? 💦

Yeah, "f" it. If us so cal folks only use 5% of the water for our uses, but the farmers take 95% for them to sell their crops around the world, then I'm not going to stop. Have the farmers cut back only 5%, and we will have all the water we need.

Put front brakes on my daughters 4 Runner, woulda been the easiest brake job I've ever done if it wasn't for having to replace 2 calipers.

I really wish there was a teleporter and I could teleport barrels of water to you guys. It's been raining down here. Thunderstorms have been messing with the power. At least its made things slightly cooler outside.

Not much going on today except the rain. Tomorrow I get to take my friend to the DMV in another town to get his current truck registered. The truck is from Alabama and the local DMV said the previous owner would have to register it to this state and then transfer to my friend and he would then have to register it-- which means he would have to pay for registration twice. The DMV in the other town said he only had to show that title was transferred to him and he can register it here without having to involve the other guy.

Picked my Honda up from the shop today...

Aligned the front end
Adjusted the valves
Rebuilt the carb
Changed the oil and filter
Changed the front and rear dif fluids
New battery
New air filter

Hope I can get another 10 years out of her.

Picked my Honda up from the shop today...

Aligned the front end
Adjusted the valves
Rebuilt the carb
Changed the oil and filter
Changed the front and rear dif fluids
New battery
New air filter

Hope I can get another 10 years out of her.

Hope it works out for you Tom.

Latest posts

Back