The "What did you do today thread"?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember, it is that special entitled California dirt. It demands a free Obammiephone, it doesn't work at all, it survives on welfare, and will only vote for democrats.

How many cubic yards of dirt would be in an area that is 8 feet x 50 feet, x 5" thick?

Well, as all expected, I overstated the size. I just paced this area off and it is only 6 feet x 33 feet.

Tell the FBI that Hoffa is buried there, they will dig it up for you.

Maybe I should call Geraldo Rivera?

http://www.geraldo.com/

Today I drove 1 1/2 hours each way to deliver a bottle of cough syrup for my daughter and do her dishes. Amazing what we do for our kids...

Yep, you are correct.

I would drive cross country if his daughter wanted me too.............

I know, do you want some? I almost need to have a full time mechanic.

I think I have adult ADD. I just can't rest or relax. Makes me wonder why I am not thin.

I'll take the mechanic's job,when can I start? I also have my own tools, would have to get them out there somehow. Also need a place to stay unless your shop is extra comfy.

If I lived closer, I'd be there helping Chris on his projects, but he would need a few more refrigerators for my beer.

If I lived closer, I'd be there helping Chris on his projects, but he would need a few more refrigerators for my beer.

I restored an old highboy like Chris's for my old boss who was a contractor, took care of all his rolling stock also.

Shop is pretty comfy. There is a lazy boy, Internet and a beer fridge.

I just hired another guy today. Hope he works out.

Technically it was yesterday, but I got my new outside faucet wrapped in insulation and covered up so it won't freeze and break when it gets colder. I still need to tether it to the side of the house or some other sturdy object to make secure it.

I'm hoping that today or tomorrow a friend can come over and help us move our old TV out so we can put the new one in. Old one is a Sony projection TV from over 10 years ago that weighs 240lbs. New one is a Samsung 4k UHDLEDSmartTV that weighs less than 50lbs. I'm hoping to find ways to have it connect to some of the input devices wirelessly so we don't have to worry about the tangle of cords. It was on a big sale just before Black Friday and we've been wanting to replace the big monster for awhile. We also got a stand for it on a big discount-- old TV didn't need a stand because its huge (one of those ones with built-in-speakers below the screen). I think it even has wheels or rollers on the bottom. With the new setup we'll have even more storage.

I've also been cleaning the kitchen and trying to not eat junk food. I went to McDonalds for the first time in several months the other day and ended up getting grilled chicken snack wraps instead of burgers and fries. I'm sitting at around 200lbs the last I checked, but I know I need to lose about 50 more.

Hope everyone else is doing well and having happy holidays.

Technically it was yesterday, but I got my new outside faucet wrapped in insulation and covered up so it won't freeze and break when it gets colder. I still need to tether it to the side of the house or some other sturdy object to make secure it.

I'm hoping that today or tomorrow a friend can come over and help us move our old TV out so we can put the new one in. Old one is a Sony projection TV from over 10 years ago that weighs 240lbs. New one is a Samsung 4k UHDLEDSmartTV that weighs less than 50lbs. I'm hoping to find ways to have it connect to some of the input devices wirelessly so we don't have to worry about the tangle of cords. It was on a big sale just before Black Friday and we've been wanting to replace the big monster for awhile. We also got a stand for it on a big discount-- old TV didn't need a stand because its huge (one of those ones with built-in-speakers below the screen). I think it even has wheels or rollers on the bottom. With the new setup we'll have even more storage.

I've also been cleaning the kitchen and trying to not eat junk food. I went to McDonalds for the first time in several months the other day and ended up getting grilled chicken snack wraps instead of burgers and fries. I'm sitting at around 200lbs the last I checked, but I know I need to lose about 50 more.

Hope everyone else is doing well and having happy holidays.

I bought a box that looks like a treasure chest
cut a hole in the back of it.
i route all the wires and plugs into the box.
makes a big difference

I bought a box that looks like a treasure chest
cut a hole in the back of it.
i route all the wires and plugs into the box.
makes a big difference

That's a cool idea! Right now we have a huge entertainment center that had to be assembled in the room since its taller than the door.

I forgot what else I was going to say since Mom just called me to come open a thing of cookies for her that she can't open on her own.

I bought a 4 pack of those Danish cookies in the tin cans at Costco yesterday. I really like the ones with the thick grain sugar on top of them. Hell, just today, 1 can down, 3 to go!

Today I have woken up and am drinking coffee. About to go tear up a road.

Latest posts

Back