Video to Inspect the Inside of Pipes

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeezix

Reaction score
Is there some kind of flexible tube with a video camera on the end that will fit into a 2" drain pipe? I think I'll need to see 25 feet.

The good ones have a transmitter on the camera. So that when you see the problem, you can walk around with the detector and find exactly where the camera is under the slab or ground.

if you really want to see what is going on inside the pipe , hire a drain cleaning contractor. yes you can rent this type of camera, but the skill to send it down the pipe is another matter. most people do not have a clue how to get the thing around elbows, tees, and Y.

(Hmmmm. I clicked on the "+Quote" a couple of times - the screen blinked but no quote. Oh well...)

>>most people do not have a clue how to get the thing around elbows, tees, and Y.<<

I was thinking about renting the rooter from I'm pretty sure that any turns in the 2-inch drain pipe are curved turns, but it sure took a lot of pushing, pulling, and twisting to get my snake past them. Do you have any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back