What are you drinking right now?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out here it is a big one. But as an avid wheeler I can't support them. It's always fun when we are camping and that is what someone is drinking while complaining about trails getting shut down.

You can but you can also enjoy it in a jeep. It's hard to make it 70 miles into the mountains for the weekend on foot to find that old gold mine.

Mostly I'm just busting your chops. But around here we have some young idiots on dirt bikes, and I don't particularly like having to yank myself and my dog off the trail in a hurry.

I agree with those types, they are here too.

I have found that most jeepers are the opposite and want to protect things and be responsible. We don't like people that think they own the trail any more than you do.

Around here it’s mostly snowmobiles or sleds as everyone calls them. They have networks of trails almost all on private land that stretch out hundreds of miles. The clubs build bridges where they need them and maintain the trails. Every trail ends at a bar I believe. When I used to cross country ski a lot it was always funny to be out in the middle of 500 acre corn field and see signs giving direction like so many miles to this bar or that town.

Hot coffee right now at work one of the guys brought in donuts too. :D

Hot coffee watching the drizzle melt the snow and having a donut.

The upstairs toilet has been running for a week so I have been shutting it off at the valve. Looked into it the other day without my glasses on and figured the chain came off the flapper and got flushed down the drain and the flapper isn’t sealing right. So I told her remind me when we go to town we need a new flapper. Ok 3 times to town and we keep forgetting to buy a flapper. Dog had me up early this morning so I let Holly sleep in. she comes down at 8 and said tell your home repair boys I fixed the toilet. You did I said how did you do that we need a flapper. She said well once I took the chain out of the hole the flapper works fine so I hooked the chain back up.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

DIY projects were a lot more fun before I started wearing reading glasses. Now I have to flip 'em on/off all the time.

Just finished my morning coffee. Planning on a beer and a hockey game for this evening.....

Watching the rain come down and the 12 inches of snow on the ground suck it up...its 31 degrees....and getting interesting around here..:D

Actually headed down south to the Outer Banks at the end of April, rented a cottage on the beach... 8 bedrooms , pool, jacuzzi, game room, home theater... you know the type. :)

The IPA sounds great, Love a good hop.:banana:

Latest posts

Back