What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, but the stuff they have me on now is working great. Might keep the Motrin in mind down the road when this is gone.

Flyover can't figure what it is. And the missing belt is what caught my eye.:)
It's true, I get confused a lot by simple things!

Haha, seriously, I could tell it was some kind of apparatus to move stuff from one place to another, my eyes just couldn't figure out--because of the perspective of the photo and stuff like that--where it was spatially. And that was playing all kinds of games with my mind, because when I look at a picture my mind has to be able to arrange everything in a little replica "diorama" of the scene that I create mentally, or else it gets confused and starts spinning in circles.

At work, the elevator doors are covered with this material that's kind of like tiny metal scales. If there are people in the elevator when you get in, you have to stand close to the doors when they shut and then you're looking at them and they take up your whole field of vision. Well, something about the visual texture of that material is impossible for my eyes to focus on. My eyes don't know whether they're looking at something a couple feet in front of me or a couple yards or a couple hundred yards, and then I feel a kind of buzzing in my mind, like a camera's autofocus shifting from one object to another on its own. It's kinda fun, since I'm expecting it!

I ran into this sign today, I couldn't find the men's room so I pee'd outside.

Damn, I hate this libtard state. However, I did go to a mom and pop restaurant in Texas last week, and they had 4 individual bathrooms, for male or female. That was kinds cool.

The Pizza Hut where my brother works used to have two bathroom stalls in the women's bathroom, but one of the latches was put on backward so it could never lock. They kept having problems with the toilet in the handicap stall (which was the same size as the other stall-- very cramped and not really wide enough-- only difference was it had a grab bar on the wall). Anyway, they took out the partition wall between the stalls and pulled the toilet next to the grab bar, filled in the flange and now have only one toilet that is not anywhere near a grab bar. They also permanently bolted the door that had the backwards latch so it can't be opened.

I'm making plans to go to Baton Rouge to pick up a new radiator for my truck. Guy in the Ridgeline group had his truck totaled out (someone t-boned him) and he's cutting me a good deal on it-- even with gas it's much cheaper than buying it from a store and it's in the box and never used. Bringing along a friend and we're meeting in a public spot. It will be interested to see the scenery on the way since it's been awhile since I went out there.

Wikipedia says transsexuals make up 0.3% of the population. (That number's probably inflated, but let's be generous and pretend it isn't.) So a company with 1,000 employees all working in one building might have three employees there who don't think they should be using the bathroom most normal people would say they should be using.

If that company builds 10 special "all gender" solo-hole bathrooms, all 10 of them are going to be empty just about all the time, since most people--including transsexuals--don't spend that much time in the bathroom at work.

This means I don't hardly ever have to stand (or worse, sit) right next to another guy while I use the bathroom at work ever again. It's the best thing leftwing activists ever did for America.

Wikipedia says transsexuals make up 0.3% of the population. (That number's probably inflated, but let's be generous and pretend it isn't.) So a company with 1,000 employees all working in one building might have three employees there who don't think they should be using the bathroom most normal people would say they should be using.

If that company builds 10 special "all gender" solo-hole bathrooms, all 10 of them are going to be empty just about all the time, since most people--including transsexuals--don't spend that much time in the bathroom at work.

This means I don't hardly ever have to stand (or worse, sit) right next to another guy while I use the bathroom at work ever again. It's the best thing leftwing activists ever did for America.

I think there are bigger things to worry about.:trophy:

Some places already have "family" bathrooms that can be used by anyone. Statistically, they found that if they just had bathrooms serve both genders, lines would be shorter and people could get in and out faster.

I don't really care one way or the other so long as the bathrooms are kept clean.

I prefer private poopers anyway. Although I have heard that woman's rooms are filter than men's. I don't care about shared bathrooms or private or whatever you might want, it bothers me more that it is somehow a huge deal now. I don't see what the issue ever was in the first place? If you look like a woman whether you are or not is anyone gonna know or say anything if you are crapping in the ladies room, same goes for if you look like a man would anyone notice or care if you were in a man's room? The only thing that would bother me is if I saw a man walk into the woman's room behind my daughter's because you never know his motive.

I prefer private poopers anyway. Although I have heard that woman's rooms are filter than men's. I don't care about shared bathrooms or private or whatever you might want, it bothers me more that it is somehow a huge deal now. I don't see what the issue ever was in the first place? If you look like a woman whether you are or not is anyone gonna know or say anything if you are crapping in the ladies room, same goes for if you look like a man would anyone notice or care if you were in a man's room? The only thing that would bother me is if I saw a man walk into the woman's room behind my daughter's because you never know his motive.
Yeah. They really are making a mountain out of a molehill. They've had unisex bathrooms for years now and nobody really cared. And quite frankly, if a man wants to go in to a bathroom to assault a woman, he's not going to be dressing as a woman to do it. And bathroom laws are not going to stop it from happening. It's like outlawing guns-- only the criminals will have guns then.
I find it ironic that in one place where they decided to try to enforce the gender rules on bathrooms, a male mall cop followed a woman in to a women's bathroom to demand she prove she was a woman and then forcibly dragged her out because he didn't believe her. Having someone demand proof of gender is only going to lead to abuse and harassment.

A mall cop? How about an unarmed private security, who was either a criminal or too dumb to be a real cop? :nono:

all 10 of them are going to be empty just about all the time, since most people don't spend that much time in the bathroom at work.

As soon as you make them private that time limit will likely increase. :)

A mall cop? How about an unarmed private security, who was either a criminal or too dumb to be a real cop? :nono:
I thought "mall cop" was the term for them. I could be wrong though.
Save

Just got back from Narragansett beach... worked 5 weeks straight no days off.. it was a good weekend.:usa:

Just to be different, this is what I finished sewing tonight. Something different from what you guys do.

Mary Ellen in rhinestone dress outside 8-13-17.jpg

Great Job Angie.
Just ordered a hitch mounted crane for the shop truck. Doc says just because I can lift heavy stuff into the back of the truck doesn't mean it's a good idea, so I'm making things easier where I can.
Now I ned to devise a digital print roll changer for the large format printer. Those rolls are heavy and require leaning over the machine from the front to load the media in the back, tight spot.

Last edited:
I did some work on my property then went to the lumber yard and picked up everything to put a new roof in the rental. Came home and put new tires on my hunting quad and rebuilt the carbs, still need to put it back together.

Off to the doc to get an MRI of my back today, to see what they can see. If all goes according to plan, they'll attempt to fix whatever needs fixin' Thursday.

Back