What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that just Concrete behind the liner? I saw a renovation show where they put something after the concrete, forget what it was. I would make my entire backyard a pool, the whole Acre. I would never have to mow or look at a weed again. Of course, that would take the entire 6 months of not freezing weather to fill it up, then I would have to drain it right away.

I'm happy I had that genius thought BEFORE I decided to do it, since that is hit and miss with me.
No it’s an above ground pool and that’s just a steel sheet supporting the liner.

I read that a Starlink deposit is refundable one just loses their space in the queue if they decide to rejoin.
I would get Starlink if I bought an RV and went driving around the land, but not for Home... Elon is on the spectrum somehow, maybe Aspergers or something. That's completely acceptable for a normal person, but not someone making huge decisions. I don't trust the guy to do anything. One day he wakes up and says Tesla stock is too high, causing it to crash. That was fun. Then he takes a long time for Twitter allocation, then he says he won't accept Bitcoin for Tesla purchases, causing both to crash, then he says he will accept Bitcoin, then he decides suddenly to block all of Twitter unless people have accounts...

Unfortunately, he can run for Congress, thankfully, not for President.

No it’s an above ground pool and that’s just a steel sheet supporting the liner.
Clue to the people that don't know what pools are since there are none here... Decking means not in ground.

Powers of observation!

Many here have below ground pools which also need a liner
This is a way to not have to pay additional property taxes as you would with a full rebar/gunite/plaster pool.

Many here have below ground pools which also need a liner
This is a way to not have to pay additional property taxes as you would with a full rebar/gunite/plaster pool.
Huh, that makes sense though, since you can make the above ground pool disappear in an afternoon.

I saw a Spider on my toilet the other day, and it ran off just as I confirmed it wasn't a Widow. That got me thinking though, and several images of snakes or spiders came to mind, and when it was time to visit the throne, it wasn't the easiest thing to do. I did think of the Hundreds of near death experience videos I have watched, and nobody said they died on the toilet. What are the odds, snake living in my septic system?

Then I got to thinking about Slugs. Who says they aren't the smartest creatures on the planet? Think about it. They put mice in mazes and have them go find the cheese, right? What about Slugs in a maze and see if they go find whatever Slugs are attracted to?

Why hasn't it been done, besides it would take 18 years? Those little antennae sticking out of their heads tell me they are a lot smarter than people think.

After working on the bathroom ........ but overall, I'm very happy with how it looks. ....

Still have to put up the tp holder, towel bar, & curtain rod. Would eventually like to put in beadboard and baseboard around the room, but for now it is looking decent.
It looks like you will finish your bathroom before I finish mine. I still have to build the shower although I have all the plumbing "Near" the shower area. I took some time off from the Bath project to work on; Yard drainage, gutter leaf filters (which I still have a section to do), and right now, I'm helping (actually doing) my brother-in-law's popcorn ceiling removal. He just bought a house and before they move out of our pool house, they want to do some things in their new house.

Ron, you've been productive.

I meant to work on things yesterday but I made the mistake of eating the beef stew from a local place and they use onions so my digestive system hates me. Still waiting for Pepto to kick in. Can't get too far away from the bathroom.

Got a curbside pickup order for later in the afternoon.

Happy Independence day everyone!

We didn't get a constitution until 1787. No one could come into agreement. Benjamin Franklin called for prayer and if it wasn't for a man most of us have never heard of we might not have made it. Roger Sherman proposed that each state have two Senators and that the number of Representatives be based upon population. It was known as The Connecticut Compromise.

Roger Sherman was the only person to sign all four of the important American Revolutionary documents: the Articles of Association in 1774, the Declaration of Independence in 1776, the Articles of Confederation in 1781, and the Constitution of the United States in 1787.

I was on my way to a friend's place for burgers and dogs when I lost a serpentine belt on my Geo Prism. I made it back home (about 5 miles) w/o serious overheating. I'll call around tomorrow to see if I can get it fixed on my side of town. I've got the charger on the battery now.

I am eating the last of the Fuji(?) apples. I aged it almost an additional three weeks to see if it got any sweeter or developed any taste worthy of note. No such luck, it's just as boring as the hard tasteless green melon that markets add to a fruit tray. On the plus side apples are too expensive anyway so no loss.

Ok, I was wrong about Mom's appointment. It's today. I did get my curbside order yesterday but my guts were being hateful all day.

Got up early (around 5:30am) and started prepping, organizing tools, and caulking. Some of the brad nails were sticking out a bit so I used a nail punch to sink them in. It slipped off a couple of times so I dinged the pvc. I will definitely need to come back with some paint.

I suck at caulking. The windex made stuff smear more, the thumb on my glove ripped off when I put it on, I kept dropping my tools and shop towels, the hook on the caulk gun kept catching on my shirt, I knocked the rear shower curtain rod down while trying to move it out of the way, hook kept catching on it, the "dripless" caulk gun is not dripless, and the caulk started getting chunky. Taking a break for now. I need to work on my windex technique. I did fill some large gaps at least. I don't care how it looks on the top part since I won't see it from below, so that is where I started. Its pretty ugly up there. LOL.

I'm about to take a little nap.

Happy Independence day everyone!

We didn't get a constitution until 1787. No one could come into agreement. Benjamin Franklin called for prayer and if it wasn't for a man most of us have never heard of we might not have made it. Roger Sherman proposed that each state have two Senators and that the number of Representatives be based upon population. It was known as The Connecticut Compromise.

Roger Sherman was the only person to sign all four of the important American Revolutionary documents: the Articles of Association in 1774, the Declaration of Independence in 1776, the Articles of Confederation in 1781, and the Constitution of the United States in 1787.
Happy late Independence Day... I have very few issues with the Constitution, but the glaring one is they gave Senators 6 years and no term limits for Congress.

I am eating the last of the Fuji(?) apples. I aged it almost an additional three weeks to see if it got any sweeter or developed any taste worthy of note. No such luck, it's just as boring as the hard tasteless green melon that markets add to a fruit tray. On the plus side apples are too expensive anyway so no loss.
I have been getting lots of Granny Smiths that are infected with something, the flesh is pinkish...

Back