What did you do today?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AH common, we won't tell anybody, so overcome you modesty and, WHERE IS YOU IN YOUR UNICORN SHOWER CAP, AND SPEEDOS?

As I was making Broccoli Chicken the other night, my mind drifted off into Space Cadet land, which happens if I'm idle for 20 seconds or more. I started thinking about the less fortunate mental people, who I truly pray for. I hope they get better without intervention from fake Doctor quacks known as shrinks.

I was thinking about the people that have an attachment to an inanimate object like their couch or something, or they get "married" to their Parakeet... Why would they marry an annoying creature?

Why not get married to a Wok???!!!

I mean, the things cook great food, they clean up in less than 2 minutes, they don't complain and they get stored away all greased up for next time!

Perfect!

Attachments

• WOK.JPG
    WOK.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
I posted a while back that we had a stray dog take up residence on our property.

1715089465805.jpeg

Ruby found “Buddy” (the dog) a new home.

A lady answered Ruby’s ad and said she has some kind of amateur animal rescue. We checked it out and she’s legit. This lady recently bought a fantastic new home on 33 acres with three ponds. She has 12 dogs, 4 cows, goats, and cats. I have no idea why. Her husband is on board with it too.

Here’s some pictures of Buddy’s new home.

1715090971943.jpeg

1715090999249.jpeg

1715091025510.jpeg

1715091049178.jpeg

1715091070607.jpeg

1715092008560.jpeg

Good news, bad news…Ruby and I sold my beloved ski boat. The new owners are to pick it up by Saturday.

1715135185887.jpeg

I had a lot of fun on that boat.

1715135254467.jpeg

The good news is that we bought a new(ish) pontoon.

1715135325774.jpeg

As soon as we got the pontoon home, I did what most people would do…I took the engine apart.

1715135408386.jpeg

I asked the previous owner how long it had been since he replaced the water pump impeller. He said… maybe 5 years ago. They’re supposed to be inspected/replaced annually. I say, if you’re going to inspect it, you might as well replace it.

1715135619510.jpeg

There’s the old impeller.
1715135648149.jpeg

Anyway, it’s back together. I installed some, “Pimp My Pontoon” lights on it too. They shine down on the pontoons and at night they really light it up making it more visible. They change colors and it’s been said not to use the blue color because that indicates law enforcement on the water.

View attachment 1715136130961.jpeg

Time to change those bunk rails Ron!

Time to change those bunk rails Ron!
You are correct sir! That’s the trailer for our other old pontoon because the new one didn’t come with a trailer. That trailer sat in our yard for two years, then I finally moved it to a covered area next to the lawn shed. The sun took a toll on the bunk material. The wood is okay though.

IMG_7825.jpeg

It’s really not the right size either. The bunks are too close together and it’s too short for the new pontoon. So…we’re looking for a new trailer.

All this Boat stuff, still snowing here though... Well, my Sister has 7 or so inches of Snow now, waiting on reports from my Brothers, but I only have Rain because I'm much lower in elevation.

So I decided to troll them.....

"I think since I have so much RAIN and there probably won't be any more SNOW until November, maybe I'll turn on the sprinklers to go along with all the RAIN I'm getting now. I would go shovel the RAIN, but it just disappears into the ground."

Ron, I dropped my pontoon into the water. I purchased 4 rolls of bunk repair carpeting for ~ $18 a piece, and using a staple gun, it took about one hour to redo the rails completely. Sure made is easier to load and unload the pig.

Havasu, the outdoor shower looks great!
Ron, I'm happy Buddy found a new home but sad you sold your boat. Happy you got a new one and hope you can get it fixed up soon. I don't know much about boats.

Everyone in the household has been feeling cruddy the last few days. The cats have been casting aspersions at one another but no major fights. *knock on wood*. Sleep schedule is messed up.

I really need to get my hair cut. Dogs keep stepping on it and it keeps getting tangled on stuff and just getting in the way.

My friend's wife may have miscarried and might need to get a dnc. It should be 11 weeks along but it is the size of a 5week progress and they aren't detecting a fetal heartbeat. She's also been extremely ill the past several weeks-- which is what happened with my mother when she miscarried and didn't spontaneously expel-- the fetus rotted inside and made her sick. She had to get a dnc. Friend's wife is waiting to hear back from the doctors on whether or not she needs a dnc. But the fax machine is broken so they can't get the order for some bloodwork through so they are making her wait while she's throwing up nonstop. Apparently the wife has been saying that all the nausea and vomiting would be worth it in the end if she had the baby but its clear she lost it.

Ron I pulled the lower on an outboard to replace that impeller and damn if I didn't forget the one bolt, up near the skag. I beat on it for 20 minutes before I realized I forgot it. Fortunately, I used the rubber mallet and hadn't picked up the sledge hammer yet!

Ron I pulled the lower on an outboard to replace that impeller and damn if I didn't forget the one bolt, up near the skag. I beat on it for 20 minutes before I realized I forgot it. Fortunately, I used the rubber mallet and hadn't picked up the sledge hammer yet!
Yes, I know which bolt you’re talking about. It’s hidden under the trim/anode/“Skag”. Luckily, our skag was missing and it was visible but really, because of YouTube, I knew it was there.

Saw the aurora last night

IMG_7854.jpeg

The circle is our house. We went across the street to the boat ramp to view it.

NOAA says, “NOAA’s Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) — a division of the National Weather Service — is monitoring the sun following a series of solar flares and coronal mass ejections (CMEs) that began on May 8. Space weather forecasters have issued a Severe (G4) Geomagnetic Storm Watch for the evening of Friday, May 10. Additional solar eruptions could cause geomagnetic storm conditions to persist through the weekend.”

NOAA article

I'm willing to fly to the North Pole just to see the Aurora Borealis!

Some locals drove into our local mountains last night and got some great pictures of the aurora borealis.

Made Coconut Curry Khichdi with Rice, had my fill while it was real Hot, and then thought "It's a good idea to have some Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (Eat it now, oops, none left)... WELL, that was brilliant, said my upper mouth parts.

Like boiling water on the stove, you don't put the pan in a cold bath of water right away because you have SOME common sense... Well, I don't anymore and as I was consoling myself with my ripped up mouth parts that were bleeding, I proceeded to bite my lip.

So, keeping score, I have bitten my lips more in the last 2 months than in the entire combined history of me. I know that because I haven't seen me do it that much over my life, not including Baby training that I don't remember.

Oh well, check off "How Not To Burn Your Mouth Parts And Bite Your Lip For Dummies", can't write that one!

Latest posts

Back