Whats Cookin?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was planning to go to the Thai place with my friend tomorrow, but his useless sack of crap girlfriend invited her along and I'm not paying for her food and if I pay for his food she'll never let him hear the end of it. So, I'll have to eat something at home before I go.

I've never seen it in my area. My sister might be able to find some where she lives. They have a lot of food options in Albuquerque.

Today is shrimp on the Barbie day, tomorrow I'm trying a spatchcock chicken on the smoker...Man I love weekends...

I found some pre-cooked frozen grilled chicken and have been eating them on butterbread buns with honey mustard and spinach.

I've also been eating precooked beef roast au jus over wild/brown rice mix. Had some steamed vegetable "medley" along with it: snap peas, water chestnuts, carrots, and broccoli.

Last nite shrimp grill was a bust, shrimp sucked, no taste, she fried some zucchini that was to big and tuff, she tried making coos coos...never again...:confused:

Tonight I tried the spatchcock chicken...winner, winner chicken dinner. Best chicken I've ever cooked. She made new taters and green beans with butter and garlic. Definitely worthy of a repeat.

Cut the backbone out of the bird, put it in a bag with some Wishbone Italian dressing for a couple hours, hit it with some Mrs. Dash's Chicken Rub, put it on the smoker for a coupe hours at around 275* with some hickory sticks and basted it at the end with some KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce....oh yeah...it was good!

Damn, my mouth is watering.

My favorite restaurant (the only Thai restaurant around) might be closing down because of the owner's health problems. I'll be very sad when it happens. She's trying to sell the place, but the economy around here is the pits.

Anyway, I scrambled some eggs for my mother using the induction cooker and they were ready in under 2 minutes. I had to turn the heat down because I hadn't realized that my brother had left it on max heat.

I had a ranch cobb salad for dinner. I need to figure out some more easy recipes that are healthy.

Going to put a chicken and a bunch of chicken legs on the smoker Monday...

I took my pulled pork leftovers and pan fried them in a can of green enchilada sauce and made burritos out of it. 'Twas tasty.

Chicken on a stick that's been marinating in some lemon garlic stuff. Cold beer, classic rock on the garage speakers. ... Life is good today.

Changed the oil on her Jeep GC, went to Lowe's, Ace Hardware and unfournately Walmart. I'm done for today, I'll change the Fords oil tomorrow. I think I need a Tv in the garage...,,,💻

Pork teriyaki when the wife gets home. She might be eating by herself. Release needs out before tues.

Whole chicken and a dozen chicken legs brining in the cooler, nice quiet morning with a cup of coffee and my best friend sitting on the deck before swmbo wakes up...:)

Whole chicken and a dozen chicken legs brining in the cooler, nice quiet morning with a cup of coffee and my best friend sitting on the deck before swmbo wakes up...:)

Sounds like the perfect morning Tom.

Latest posts

Back