Whats Cookin?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooked BBQ rib eye, corn on the cob, baked tater, salad, and sour dough bread. Friggin' yum!

Shazam the chicken turned out good, full of flavor, moist, nice smokey flavor. Think I'll have to brine all my chickens from now on.

Can you give us your brine recipe Tom?

Brine is the most important part of birds.

Simple brine is one gallon water - 3/4 cup salt - 3/4 cup sugar

You can add whatever spices and seasoning from there to compliment whatever flavor you are going for.

1/2 cup kosher salt
2 TSP paprika
2 TSP granulated garlic
2 TSP dry thyme
2TSP black pepper
1 cup vinegar
1-1/2 gallon cold water to cover the bird, brine 6hrs to overnite.

I notice Tom doesn't use the sugar. My other half would rather not have all the sugar, so maybe I should give this a shot when it cools down, because BBQ'ing in 104 heat doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I notice Tom doesn't use the sugar. My other half would rather not have all the sugar, so maybe I should give this a shot when it cools down, because BBQ'ing in 104 heat doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

It was a hit here yesterday, I'll definitely use this recipe again.

Going to Costco tomorrow night and picking up a brisket for Sunday....I have a brisket rub recipe someone gave me I need to try out.

I just ordered a 5 bone, bone in prime rib at Hottinger's Meats. Pretty pricy but mama is having her family over on Sunday, so guess what she wants me to cook?

abolutely!.....

Ok, Sunday, you show me yours, I'll show you mine..... Wait, What:eek:

I just ordered a 5 bone, bone in prime rib at Hottinger's Meats. Pretty pricy but mama is having her family over on Sunday, so guess what she wants me to cook?

Grab me some beer and onion brats please.

Just picked up the meat. That huge case containing 20-30 types of sausages and brats made my mouth water.

The roast cost me $80 for 8 pounds. That should be enough for 10 people, I hope!

Briskets in the fridge downstairs justa waiting for Sunday...

Latest posts

Back