When vinegar won't clear shower sprayers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WestofYouLB

Reaction score
I have a shower head with really teeny little holes (white plastic) that are now about 70% plugged. That is, I have no more than 30% performance.

I tried white vinegar a while ago, when spray was at 60%, but only recovered about 10-15% of the plugged holes.

Is there any other solution other than a new head?

Thanks.

CLR works for me. Remove the head and set in a dish so the CLR covers the holes.

I also use CLR. It also really shines boat propellers, but that is for another forum.

It doesn't take a whole bottle to clean the head. There are also other brands of the same product that may be cheaper.

I'm not losing sleep over $5, just saying that the hassle of soaking, waiting, unistall and reinstall, I prefer to just replace it.

Im still working on the scotch tape forum. It's very time consuming!

I have a shower head with really teeny little holes (white plastic) that are now about 70% plugged. That is, I have no more than 30% performance.

I tried white vinegar a while ago, when spray was at 60%, but only recovered about 10-15% of the plugged holes.

Is there any other solution other than a new head?

Thanks.

Had the same issue a while back. Removed the head, ran a piece of wire though each hole, then reverse rinsed it. Big improvement.
FWIW
YMMV

Latest posts

Back