Who hunts?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Administrator
Reaction score
Just curious on who around here hunts?

I got skunked in Colorado this year but picked up this little forky locally here yesterday.

5917d1352070006-deer-forumrunner_20121104_150004.jpg

What zone is up there? Is it "x"?

Just curious on who around here hunts?

Deer, turkey, upland game birds, dove. Deer and turkey are my favorite. I sat in a stand this weekend and had turkeys in on me all day long. If it's turkey season I have deer jumping over me. My absoulete favorite is upland game birds. I love watching a good pointer working a field and locking up on point. They have amazing eyesight with them little feathery things.

I mainly do Deer, Pig and Quail but will hunt anything. I hear you on how whatever season it is the other animals crawl all over you. When it is not deer season and I am scouting I see them everywhere and damn near running into me but once season starts they are gone.

Mark it is D14 where I hunt here.

Have you hade any venison yet,from your kill?

No it is at the butcher til Saturday if I make it up there.

So I am leaving again next Wed for a week of pig hunting, hopefully I will get one.

Rifle season starts Saturday in Tennessee, guess where I'll be?

Did you get one Oldog?

I am leaving Wed for some pig hunting.

Saw a bunch of them this weekend, but I'm waiting for 1 of 2 that I've seen on trail cam. I found their rub and scrap lines and have been waiting patiently for them to make an appearance.

I do that to, then towards the end of season I just shoot whats legal.:D

Pig hunting is something I'd really like to try. One of these days when I get some time we're going to try it.

They are just some that I found in the woods while hunting. Ones an elk and ones a big deer.

Went huntin saturday mornin. No luck but I heard some Turkey and my huntin partner saw a buck chasin 4 does a couple hundred yards from me around 9:30. I'll try it again this weekend. Heres a pic from the stand as the suns comin up.

View attachment morning hunt 11-24-2012.jpg

Back