Wind Turbines

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie_T

Reaction score
Borrowed;

I just spent an hour looking this stuff up on Google. You reckon the Green New Deal Cult have done this? I think not.​
Let's say a wind turbine costs 2 million dollars. It will make $150,000 of electricity per year and cost $50,000 a year for operations and maintenance. So they are selling $100,000 per year worth of power when operating. That means it will take 20 years to make a profit. Unless it breaks down in those 20 years. Which it will. If it breaks down the repairs could cost $500,000 to $1,000,000. If it breaks down once it will take 30 years to make a profit. Can you imagine replacing the roller bearings on one? We will need about 500,000 windmills at two million per turbine. They will never make a profit unless they increase the price of electricity substantially and when the wind don't blow there will be rolling blackouts. These rolling blackouts will kill people, injure people and spoil the food in your refrigerator and freezer. So people will need to buy a gas powered generators for the blackouts. Causing more global warming than ever before. It will turn America into a third world country but that's OK I am sure China will helps us out. All we have to do is get down on our knees and swear allegiance to Chairman Eleven (XI).​
There are not enough batteries in the world to make everyone in America an electric vehicle and when they plug them in at night it will stress out our power grid even further. If a highway charging station takes 30 minutes to charge an EV then one charging station will be able to charge no more than 48 cars a day and it will not be free. It won't be too bad because only the rich will be able to afford an EV. The rest of us will have to depend on our government for public transportation. Of course the toxins created producing and disposing of all of the batteries will poison the planet and we will still have global warming. The only thing that will change is our dependency on the government will increase and our freedom will be the price.​
I haven't even mentioned solar power. That ain't gonna work very well either.​

Wind turbine graveyard seen from space;

1657120383182.png

Why do turbine blades wear out? Is it it the sand in those desolate areas or it it from the many raptor bird hits? It's against the law to kill raptors but I guess wind turbines are above the law.

Why do turbine blades wear out? Is it it the sand in those desolate areas or it it from the many raptor bird hits? It's against the law to kill raptors but I guess wind turbines are above the law.

ANOTHER, inconvenient, societal mandate, not thought thru.

A wind turbine can give a spectacular performance when struck by lightning;

Back