Yay, my first home.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T88M3

Reaction score
40386239bc1.jpg

Short story-
22 Y/O, first house. Living alone.

3 bedroom 1 full bath.
3 car garage. <-- Happy
Lot size. 150x134' .46 acre
No basement. Ohh well, storage above garage. (This didn't disappoint me)
Fireplace.
Concrete 20x20' patio in back, covered with treated lumber. (could make a nice outdoor area with a thingy for vines to grow on..)
All appliances included. And all are very new/nice.

These are most of the major things listed.
Updates per seller-
New roof 2000, New hot water heater 2008, furnace 2003, All new windows 2004, New kitchen 2006, Bathroom remodel/new plumbing 2006, new garage doors when 3rd garage stall was built on, new chimney and cap 2000, poured 20x20' patio w/ treated wood covering. New concrete to 3rd garage stall and to front entrance. Added brick to entry way. Added HVAC to 3 seasons room, now 4 seasons room. 100 AMP service panel.
Crawlspace insulation and plastic moisture control.

I want to do some painting, and drywall and insulate the newest area of the garage first. And then do knock down drywall texture in the whole garage.

I also want to do something about the plane looking front door area.

40470823gw3.jpg

I haven't closed on the house yet, but I've already started planning what I'm going to do!

I'll go over some of the influences as to why I chose this home.

A large spacious garage was high on my priority list, as well as a large yard without having the neighbors too close to the sides of the home.

I've already got plenty of stuff to put in the garage, and I love working in the garage.
62108004bc1.jpg

31506029sr3.jpg

Here is a plug for a door for my Datsun Z project. This will be used to make carbon fiber doors.
6808002rq0.jpg

And the Z project car.
92908004sg3.jpg

YAY for big garages!!!:D
I bought my home over 7 years ago and the 56' x 22' garage with the additional 16x20 room on the front was a major factor in my decision. Not sure why you'd want knock-down texture in a garage? I'd want slick walls so the dust would just go on down to the floor lol...

As for the front door area, there are several accent options available. One is a complete trim set that gives it a bigger more inviting look

door_exterior_decorative_trim_option.jpg

Or, you could add a smaller gable or even steal an idea from my avatar pic:p

It's a nice looking home. Be proud, take good care of it!

Back