Adding a Concrete Pad to the back of my Garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ME87

Reaction score
Here is what I'm up against

2012-05-28_12-44-03_162.jpg

The dimensions in yellow show where I want to pour the pad. It will be from the foundation of the house to the wall. Is this a problem? I was wondering about water getting between the pad and the foundation of the house if they aren't properly 'mated' somehow? :dunno:

2nd problem is that the blue arrow show the current drainage of the back yard? What's the best way to handle this without effecting the drainage as it does flow some water when we get into monsoon season?

3rd problem is that behind the fenced in area in the corner is the A/C unit which current sits on a plastic pad of some sort. Is there going to be a way to pour concrete under it somehow if I support the A/C unit in some way while it's being poured? I'd rather not have to disconnect it from the house and move it.

It's my first house and I'm more of a fabricator than a landscaper so I need some tips? Thanks

You will probably want some sort of slope on the concrete wether it is off the sides or to the middle with a drain. As for the slope in the yard you will want to put a pipe under the pad to keep the flow that is already there going somewhere. The AC unit, if you can find a way to keep it supported I don't see why you couldn't pour under it.

its a local thing! LOL

I'm northern Az ( Kingman)

good concrete guy can advise you on slope, and a/c unit .
I use a local guy, he has helped my big time!

Latest posts

Back