Am I asking too much here ???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter

Reaction score
We hired a Trim/Finish Carpentry/Paint Contractor to finish out some changes on a master suite. They did a nice job on the crown details and casings, but the doors are looking rough.
First, I was surprised that they painted them (8' tall and heavy core...) standing up in the garage; moreso that they used an airless sprayer to do it.
Considerable orange peel, and the the overall too-much-paint apprearance like they had been dipped in a coating.
I gave the guys a spray pot and compressor to use, but they declined.
Now it's final payment time, and thier remedy is to sand them a little.
They still look rough. I want to hold back some case to have them redone.
Is that asking too much from a paint contractor?:confused:

I'd take some pictures of the doors to some other painting contractors and see if they feel they'd have been able to do a better job.

Shooter its not fair to not pay someone for work done but its not time for final payment till you are at a point of satisfaction. Tell them to get you to a point of satisfaction then you will gladly make final payment.

If you are not happy with their service you can always back out and find other contractor that can make you feel satisfied.

Latest posts

Back