Bathroom Ceiling Paint Chipped and Cracking but no water stains?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Techie99

Reaction score
One small area of the paint on our bathroom ceiling is chipped in a few places, and if you zoom in on the pic, you will see a crack in the paint in between the chips. When I press on this small area with my thumb, it feels softer than the rest of the ceiling and I can see it move. We are unable to get up into our attic right now, so for the time being, I wanted to get some opinions: Roof leak OR steam/moisture from inside the bathroom? If it was a leaky roof, I would think we would be seeing water stains WITH the chipping and cracking. There are no water stains on the ceiling at all. However, we have a window in the bathroom plus the exhaust in the ceiling, so I almost find it hard to believe this is due to moisture from inside the room. One picture is of the bathroom itself, and I've circled where the chipping is just to provide an idea. The other pic is a closeup of the ceiling.

Attachments

• B1.jpeg
    B1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • B2.jpeg
    B2.jpeg
    589.8 KB · Views: 0
Moisture evacuation can be affected by the duration of the evacuation period, IE, if the exhaust is shut off, when you exit the room, the time for the evacuation, may be too short.

Back