Bathroom Reno - P-trap Question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmg1213

Reaction score
I am renovating a bathroom with the sink drain in the floor. The old sink used a S-trap. I know the shorfalls of using a S-trap and was hoping to replace with a P-trap. It seems that all P-traps are made for the drain connection being on the wall. Do I need to use a S-trap with a floor drain or is there a way to pipe a P-trap to the floor?

I am renovating a bathroom with the sink drain in the floor. The old sink used a S-trap. I know the shorfalls of using a S-trap and was hoping to replace with a P-trap. It seems that all P-traps are made for the drain connection being on the wall. Do I need to use a S-trap with a floor drain or is there a way to pipe a P-trap to the floor?
There are actually 2 "shortfalls" of an S trap. 1. They don't work. 2. They are not to code.

Yes, I am in the U.S., specifically in WV. My house was built in 1868 and from what we have been able to find, indoor plumbing was added some time around 1920. As I renovate things, I am trying to maintain it as close to that time period as possible.

Back