Best tool to cut through dishwasher end panel?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bridgeport milling machine would be the best I would think.

Mark it on the side that will show with a pencil, drilling each corner using a drill big enough to fit the jigsaw blade making sure to stay inside the lines.
I mark the lines using a framing square.
Unless you have a down cutting blade for your jig saw, flip the panel over and make your cuts squaring up the corners as you go from the back side.
(Tip, cut on the outsides of the lines so you know the box will fit in the hole, it's a royal pain to have to go back and make it slightly bigger.)

Keep in mind your cover plate can cover a multitude of sins. A down cutting blade made for cutting laminate is a good suggestion, should eliminate any pullouts by the blade on the show side.

I would use an oscillating saw, but I would think your bigger issue is fitting a gang box between the panel and the dishwasher itself (unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

I would use an oscillating saw, but I would think your bigger issue is fitting a gang box between the panel and the dishwasher itself (unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

I never knew how much I needed one of those until I tried one on a volunteer trip. I bought one right after I got home from that trip. Darn handy tool.

I never knew how much I needed one of those until I tried one on a volunteer trip. I bought one right after I got home from that trip. Darn handy tool.

I love it so much I have two, my big Fein one and a Ryobi battery powered one.

It's a shallow box.

Latest posts

Back