Can these hinges be adjusted to allow door to close again?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macy Montgomery

Reaction score
I have a cabinet door that won’t fully close anymore. I have kids so I suspect one of them applied some downward pressure on the door to cause this. The hinges are semi-concealed institutional hinges or half-surface hinges. Can I adjust the hinge somehow or do I need to replace it?

IMG_4261.jpeg

Welcome.
If you have a vise so you can secure the hinge and gently strighten the finals and hinge pin.

If the hinge is labeled, just order another, OR, use google image to identify.

It resembles an AMEROCK product, so, if there is a cabinet hrdw. near you.

In the photo it kind of looks like the pin is bent. They are usually soft and get bent easily.
You probably can drive the pin out and straighten it with a couple pair of pliers. Worth a try...

Best of Luck,
Paul

In the photo it kind of looks like the pin is bent. They are usually soft and get bent easily.
You probably can drive the pin out and straighten it with a couple pair of pliers. Worth a try...

Best of Luck,
Paul
Look closer because the lower finial appears bent, as well.

HMMM my mistake, they are perfectly aligned;

Attachments

• CAB HINGES - 1.jpeg
    CAB HINGES - 1.jpeg
    1.2 MB
Don't know if this will be of use; but Rockler has cabinet hinges on sale this week.

They come in various finishes & styles- face mount, overlay, semi-concealed, etc.. A sample screen-shot is below. (These may not be the style that you need.)

Paul

Attachments

• Hinges.png
    Hinges.png
    97.4 KB
Back