cat door solution or equivalent

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gghrt000

Reaction score
i have a situation. I have a 4 yr old domestic short breed pretty male cat. with summer approaching i am having him spending majority of time on balcony and put all his stuff: food trays, litter box on balcony. However I wanted to give access back to my residence. There are two possibilities:
- Balcony has a window through whhich he can jump through (with some dificulty). I am bit concerned that when he needs to poop while inside the apartment, he may be burdened to reach to balcony where the litter box is and instead risk ending up pooping inside the apartment.
- Balcony has a door to my living room but this is rented apartment so with door having no holes or door for pets. Option is hire glass cutter and make hole but this may be against apartment policy and if i go ahead do it anyways may incur penalties later if i move out. This leads to final solution in thought:
- How about i leave the balcony door open ajar with about 12 inch spacing all the time? With that concern of excess outside air debris, dust (without screen). So I am thinking about some sort of flexible screen that fits most of the spacings nicely (along the top angular end, along the vertical sides and leave just enough opening on the bottom so that my cat can walk through and access it much easier than through window. Any similar solution or ready-made product like it???? I cant think of anything, I have to do something myself it may be ugly.
Now with that, it needs to be also easily taken off (in seconds, perhaps easily detach from door side and collapse onto wall side.) in case if I wanted to access the balcony too).

i have a situation. I have a 4 yr old domestic short breed pretty male cat. with summer approaching i am having him spending majority of time on balcony and put all his stuff: food trays, litter box on balcony. However I wanted to give access back to my residence. There are two possibilities:
- Balcony has a window through whhich he can jump through (with some dificulty). I am bit concerned that when he needs to poop while inside the apartment, he may be burdened to reach to balcony where the litter box is and instead risk ending up pooping inside the apartment.
- Balcony has a door to my living room but this is rented apartment so with door having no holes or door for pets. Option is hire glass cutter and make hole but this may be against apartment policy and if i go ahead do it anyways may incur penalties later if i move out. This leads to final solution in thought:
- How about i leave the balcony door open ajar with about 12 inch spacing all the time? With that concern of excess outside air debris, dust (without screen). So I am thinking about some sort of flexible screen that fits most of the spacings nicely (along the top angular end, along the vertical sides and leave just enough opening on the bottom so that my cat can walk through and access it much easier than through window. Any similar solution or ready-made product like it???? I cant think of anything, I have to do something myself it may be ugly.
Now with that, it needs to be also easily taken off (in seconds, perhaps easily detach from door side and collapse onto wall side.) in case if I wanted to access the balcony too).
https://enduraflap.com/

Back