Ceiling Fan wiring

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berney

Reaction score
I am putting up a ceiling fan in the garage but I am unsure how to wire it in. Do you always have to turn off the power in order to do this?

YES! you must turn the power off to the circuit you are working on. Electricity does not play, you make one mistake and it will kill you. I have been an electrician for 20 years and still turn the breaker off every time.

We all can do drywall, or frame a porch up or paint a car. If they don't turn out like the pros did it, no big deal, the wall is rough and uneven, the porch slopes and creaks, the paint job looks good only in the dark and while going by at 55, we live and learn. You work with electricity and it doesn't turn out like the pros do it and you end up dead.

You have to turn the power off to the circuit you're working on, not to the whole house. If you're installing a new circuit, you'll need to turn off the main breakers, but still won't need the local electric company out. However, since you have to ask, I'd agree with Grape that you should call an electrician...

--Bushytails

Latest posts

Back