Chamberlain Jackshaft Opener

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea--I've got 2 model "J" on my shop doors. Had them for a couple of years without a single problem, other than one of the remotes kept killing batts. They replaced that without question. Sure beats lugging that door open every day.

View attachment 1.jpg

I would give my left nut for that shop.

I've been running 3 Craftsman (made by Chamberlain) openers for over 15 years in the same building. Only failures have been 1 circuit board (won't respond to 1 remote), and 1 motor that quit last week.. These are 1/2 horse chain drive units from Sears. I think I have gotten my moneys worth out of them!

I just installed two on my new garage...8500 series...so far, so good...

I installed the 3800PLD A few years back and have nothing but positive comments. NotHing negative.
The install took extra time as I used the existing hidden wiring in the garage. Would recommend this highly.

David

I put a Chamberlain jack shaft opener in last year. I removed the chain and don't use it on the 12' door because it is a pain..... too slow. Have to wait for it to get to the right height to stop it. I just open it manually, no fuss, no muss and its done instantly. Besides its good exercise.

Back