Cleaning the Garage....

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not near enough....Maybe three-four times a year.

I start out by backing out vehicles, if they even fit in there any more. After I back them out close the garage door. I don't want more dirt blowing in while I am cleaning. Then I start picking everything off of the floor and moving it to the center of the garage. This will serve two purposes 1) I will now be able to clean under it 2) It will make me put everything back in an organized manner.

I am definatly due for a clean out. The basement is my domain and it is CLUTTERED with tools and crap right now. My motivation, the dehumidifier crapped out and it is behind most of the crap that it was keeping dry.

I'm always cleaning. My garage is in much the same condition as my mind. It's a continuous blizzard with everything flying around in high winds. All the important stuff is tied to the barn. I wish I had room for my Jeep in there. I'm working on it....still.

Down in the South here it is just too dadgum HOT to do a good cleaning in the summer. It's 79 degrees at 10:00 PM. So much for the first day of fall.

I guess it is like having no heat in Michigan or Ohio and trying to work in January.

Getting organized makes all projects go a little faster in saved time looking for tools, parts, etc. Any how, I do plan a fall cleaning if it does cool down.;)

When you get to cleaning up your garage, please do us a favor and take some before and after pictures and post them up in here. I think it would give us all some laughs and inspiration!

;)
When you get to cleaning up your garage, please do us a favor and take some before and after pictures and post them up in here. I think it would give us all some laughs and inspiration!

HAVASAU, Thank goodness for the low 80's for a few days.

The garage, you wouldn't believe it if you saw it. The before pictures should be the after if you know what I mean. Had place looking pretty good then summer projects got the best of me.:confused:

Just this summer stained exterior of house and bought another Toy project, a CJ7 Jeep. Jeep took over garage and all the parts removed for paint job. Got jeep back together and then started a remodel of interior of the house. Today our wood floor started going in. Had to clear out entire great room and dinning room for wood installers. That is after spending last week painting interior. Stuff is everywhere...Once the interior of house is done THEN I think I will get a green light for garage. ;)

Question, how many of you have a sofa in the garage. It looks kinda out of place in space next to the old corvette, but it sure is nice for a cat nap. My wife wants a new sofa!!! :rolleyes: What do you think?

BELOW PIC IS BEFORE REMODEL STARTED...

CURRENTLY YOU CAN NOT EVEN SEE WORKBENCH TOP.

View attachment 003.jpg

What do you mean you had to clear out the great room and dining room for the wood installers? Thomask, you are a slacker! Install it yourself!

My motto is DIY or don't do it at all! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What do you mean you had to clear out the great room and dining room for the wood installers? Thomask, you are a slacker! Install it yourself!

My motto is DIY or don't do it at all! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dadgum havasau, you caught me :D ;) :D

Hahaa, No offense, my wife says I would even try DIY surgery and "think" I can do anything. Hey, this is real red oak going in over 3/4 plywood nailed to a slab. I would do a glue down myself and am doing tile work but this stuff needs a professional to sand and finish. Wife said if I get the interior of our house remodeled I can do whatever I want in the garage, so I promised her we would "get her done".

I think your wife and my wife must be sisters. I did my oak floors 12 years ago, and now are showing some wear and tear. When I told the wife I was going to try the sanding/restaining myself, she said that I'd ruin it and demands that I get a professional to do it. ;)

I try and make sure everything in the garage is on wheels of casters , Makes moving stuff out of the way for cleaning much easier.

That is very good advice!

I try and make sure everything in the garage is on wheels of casters , Makes moving stuff out of the way for cleaning much easier.

1977 Impala could you post us a picture or two please?:cool:

I have found that cleaning my garage 1 time per week is effective. I don't scrub or mob the garage floor each week, but simply picking up the junk and clutter is best 1x per week in my garage.

Sorry I missed this reply...

Parts washer..
IMG_0037.jpg

Air compressor
IMG_0361.jpg

old store display shelf
IMG_0358.jpg

and I try and keep heavy bins and engine blocks on cheap wheel dolleys.
IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

Makes it easy to roll things out onto the pad in front of the garage and clean the floor. I still have a work bench to ad wheels to.

1977 Impala,

Hey there glad your back,

Thanks for sharing those pictures we were wondering if you had left town?

Great use of wheel dolly. :thumbsup:

I thought about buying 4 of those wheel dollies to move my pool table out of the pool room so I could get the wood floor sanded/refinished. Does anyone believe they would work?

I thought about buying 4 of those wheel dollies to move my pool table out of the pool room so I could get the wood floor sanded/refinished. Does anyone believe they would work?

Sure, how wide is your door or can you turn it sideways HAVASU?

You would be better off getting the smaller wooden furniture moving dollys from HF those metal ones I have will barely roll with the engine block on em.

I am going to try out the leaf blower this weekend. I heard from jack olsen that, that is how he cleans his garage. if the wind is blowing in the right direction we will see how well it works. I usually just use my air hose with a blower nozzle that my dad that he attached a 3 foot length of copper tubing to. it works pretty good but the leaf blower might be even better. we will see.

Latest posts

Back