About 9 months ago, my wife and I replaced a toilet that had a broken wax ring. We got some water leaking down to the ceiling on the first floor. Now I'm having what seem to be mold symptoms -- I get runny eyes, have trouble breathing, and feel nauseous when I go into the bathroom. (I'm pretty sensitive to mold; my wife feels nothing). I think that we probably have mold growing from the original leak, so I've opened a small hole in the celing underneath. I think I'm seeing some black wood in there (need a better flashlight!). Assuming I am: Is it o.k. to kill the mold by blasting ozone through a hole in the ceiling? I know this is generally not the recommended way to clean up mold; but I would do it by blasting for a limited time with no one in the house. I don't think there's anything between the floors I would need to worry about damaging? I need to figure out if there's still a leak or some kind of humidity problem. Is it safe to assume that because the problem got worse there is? Should I try to find the pipes and see if they're leaking? I would like to hire someone to fix the plaster ceiling. Is it going to cost a huge amount extra if I cut through the mesh and they have to replace some of it? Does area make a massive difference in price for that kind of job? For what it's worth, I'm fine having drywall put up instead of plaster. Thanks for any help!