Door Insulation

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foam sheet glued to the back would seem the easiest.

--Bushytails

I was thinking about trying this but I wasnt sure just how muct it would help. I was thinking about using 3/4 inch rigid foam insulation cut in to sections and put in to the inside panels of my garage door just how much would it help ?

Insulating a garage door can be VERY helpful.

It is also a good idea to make sure the seals around the sides and the bottom are completing as tight a seal as possible.

Replacing these can Also save a lot of $$ if they are not working properly.

My garage is completely uninsulated, and has large vents (about 2' by 1') on the front... not a single gasket or seal in it... costs me about $5/year in heat. Clearly, you need to move to a warmer area. :)

--Bushytails

There is always spray-on foam insulation stuff but you might need to smooth it out to keep the garage door capable of going up and down correctly

It seems like they should make some garage doors that are already insulated.

Sorry to breathe a little life into an old thread, but has anyone insulated their garage and had luck keeping the heat out?

Around noon to 3pm, I can hardly walk through my garage much less get any work done. The fans are blowing the heat around. This Texas heat is bad this year.

Anyone experiencing triple digit heat that's having luck keeping it cool?

Insulating a garage door can be VERY helpful.

It is also a good idea to make sure the seals around the sides and the bottom are completing as tight a seal as possible.

Replacing these can Also save a lot of $$ if they are not working properly.

Yeah. Proper insulation is indeed very helpful. :D

That is a really clean installation. Thanks for posting!

Insulation is good but put Green Hinges on to keep the door closed tight.

Latest posts

Back