Door Skins?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhcdancer

Reaction score
I live in a condo and can't replace my entry door. It is painted wood, plain, and unattractive. I was hoping to do something to the interior side to make it look nicer. I did some research and it seems there is something called a "door skin" that I could put on the surface of the door? Does anyone know anything about these? Or other alternatives?

To my knowledge, door skin is for autos not actually home doorways; however I could be wrong. You could just strip the paint and actually stain the door itself, depending how many times it's been painted and the type of wood it shouldn't be too hard; expect for the fact you'll have to do it with the door upright. Actually, now that I think of it that will make sanding it one all of a job and you might want to use a sander. A solution is to actually "break" your door, requiring the condo association to make you need to install a new one; always a way around those association rules ;)

Back