Dryer Vent Size Mismatch

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdb90

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just moved into a recently renovated apartment. The 3 inch dryer tube feeds into a main vent (4 inch) to the outside. When the contractors attached the tube from the dryer to vent, they just taped it together. Shortly after I moved in, the connection broke and my porch turned into a sauna. I tried to use a circular connector (you screw a screw on the side, and it tightens) but it didn't work.

Is there any way that I can make a solid connection?

Thanks for the response!

I bought an adaptor tonight and the 3 inch end was the exact same size as the dryer tube and I couldn't get it to fit. Maybe I bought the wrong thing or maybe I'm far too tired to be doing anything right now... haha

This looks similar to the thing I bought: http://images.rakuten.com/PI/0/250/246263981.jpg

Any ideas as to what I did wrong

Yup, infact you needed a 4" to 3" adaptor. You should be able to find a plastic one that is only 3" long. Before you leave the store try it on their other fitting. It wants to fit over the 4" end and inside the 3" end.

Latest posts

Back