fabricating a stick shift

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirrobin

Reaction score
So my stick shift on my neon used to be a knob with a button you push on the side that had a mechanical process by which it pushed down the stick shift button in the tube that actually shifts.

The tube basically is the shifter without the handle... if you look straight down it, there's a button, when you push the button you can shift...

I took a push pop, the one with the built in light, took the candy off, drilled a hole in the bottom, and shoved it over the tube... the light inside was able to push down the button and let me shift and i could push a button to turn on the light but the light broke and was no longer able to reach the button...

Right now I'm using a flashlight that I shoved a screw through with some plyers temporarily...

Does anyone know any creative ideas for what I should use next?

Basically it has to be shaped like a tube with something sticking through it from the top

Stop by your local junkyard? eBay? I've never heard of a manual transmission with an interlock...

If you really want to fabricate something, take a photo so we can see what you're talking about... my first guess would be a piece of round stock and some lathework.

--Bushytails

Latest posts

Back