Fast Growing Shade Trees

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imported_Kyle

Reaction score
I just had my exterior garage built and it needs some shade trees.

I live in North Texas if that helps any in recommendations. Looking for something fast growing.

have you thought about using bamboo? you could even tie it together so it grows into a really tall fence :D

Bamboo really is a good idea if going into it with care. Have an expert help
with your choice of variety. Or all those stories you've heard will come true.

I've been wanting to plant bamboo on my lawn but I've heard stories that it would attract snakes in. Is this true?

You might also want to consider that when planting a tree. Choose the one that doesn't attract exotic or harmful animals. Of course, you won't be happy with a garage with snakes or something. :)

Get some Red Maples they grow great here in north Texas about 2-3 feet a year Fantastic shade trees and they grow great in the poor soil thats in N-Texas. I just put in 4 more this week

I would suggest River Birches. These bear yellow foliage in autumn and also have an attractive bark. River birches can also be grown across a wider swath of zones in temperate regions than can paper birches, the latter being less heat-tolerant.

Latest posts

Back