First Home in Pacific NW

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chameleon, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Jul 14, 2011 #1

Chameleon

Chameleon

Chameleon

Hey everyone!

After living in tiny apartments for the last ten years (and moving every 2-3) my husband and I just managed to buy our very first house near Seattle. It's in perfectly livable condition but there are a lot of projects available. Since I'm a student and my husband is a public school teacher, buying this place took nearly all of our cash--DIY is going to be a big part of my life for a while!

Being as I've always rented, repairs were always the landlord's problem and so I'm pretty brand-new to most of this. Still, I've always liked being handy and I think with help I'll be able to handle most of the things that need to be done. I'm happy to have found a place to tap into collective wisdom!

2. Jul 14, 2011 #2

oldognewtrick

oldognewtrick

oldognewtrick

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Welcome to House Repair Talk. We are glad to have been found as some of us tend to get a little lost round here sometimes. Make yourself at home and jump in where ever you like.

3. Jul 15, 2011 #3

nealtw

nealtw

nealtw

Contractor retired

You will find lots of ideas ,help, opinions but "collective wisdom" not garrenteed! What area are you in.

4. Jul 15, 2011 #4

fi3rymonkey

fi3rymonkey

fi3rymonkey

I feel funny saying "welcome" because I just started here too :) I loved it when I was living in Washington state as a kid. Hope you find the help you need here. I love forums like this. Everyone seems really helpful.