Furnace aluminum tube from gas valve with small leak

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk3000

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 90+ efficiency furnace in my condo unit. Recently, I had the gas company coming over in order to turn the natural gas onto my condo. A small gas leak was detected on the small aluminum tube coming from the gas valve (I would associate this to the tube that would send gas to the pilot light in older furnaces). The pic below depicts the aluminum tubing coming from the gas valve:

FURNACE_ALUMINUM_TUBING_LEAKING.jpg

The furnace manufacturer/brand is Comfortmaker (owned by ICP), and its model is N9MP2075B12b1. Would anyone know how easy is to obtain this aluminum tube, and what would be the part name. I would assuming it comes in the proper shape and with the fittings/flanges. Any insight would be appreciated.

where does it leak ? probably not on the length , maybe the fitting, you can check this yourself with soap.

where does it leak ? probably not on the length , maybe the fitting, you can check this yourself with soap.
Right, check it with soap, then see if the collars just need a little tightening (not too much), just see if they are loose. If you get any kind of budge out of them and check it with soap again.

Latest posts

Back