"Garage Art" is in eye of the beholder, show us yours!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful. I really like the old soda machine! Is this your garage Retrobob?

Absolutely! I call it my Vette Nest. The coke machine is a 1957 that I restored myself. I also built the back bar with mirror, bar, restored the stools, and designed the light fixtures. The pinball machine is a 1047 Chicago Coin "Kilroy" unit that I also restored. I also built a retro booth, which you cannot see in the picture. It is an on going project and I make changes when I find new additions. At the moment, I am looking for an old gas pump to restore.

Thanks for your comment.

Bob

P.S. I have a 30 X 40 out building/shop where I keep all my junk! :D

Hi retrobob,
I really love your setup!
I have a Vendo 56 that I keep cold beer in for when buddies come over. Everyone gets a blast out of taking the dime from the plate on the top of the machine and inserting it into the machine, turning the handle and pulling out a ice cold long neck. Mine has been in use for many years and is starting to show it's age. I am about to build a new house and shop and I plan to restore my machine once I am in and ready for a project.
I'd love to see pics of the rest of your shop if you have some.
PS-I sent contact info for my gas pump guy. Let me know if you need anything more.
Cheers!
Mickm

Hi retrobob,
I really love your setup!
I have a Vendo 56 that I keep cold beer in for when buddies come over. Everyone gets a blast out of taking the dime from the plate on the top of the machine and inserting it into the machine, turning the handle and pulling out a ice cold long neck. Mine has been in use for many years and is starting to show it's age. I am about to build a new house and shop and I plan to restore my machine once I am in and ready for a project.
I'd love to see pics of the rest of your shop if you have some.
PS-I sent contact info for my gas pump guy. Let me know if you need anything more.
Cheers!
Mickm
What you see in the picture is my garage (man cave) that is attached to my house. I park my Vette on the right side and my wife parks her car on the left side. My actual shop is a 30x40 out building in my back yard. And no, you do not want to see my shop as it is upside down and inside out filled with clutter. It is the reason I can have my "retro garage." :D

Called the number you sent and the guy did not have anything at the moment. I will have to search for something closer to my location. If you have any leads, let me know. I really want to do this project. In the meantime, I may construct something of a replica from wood as I am a fairly accomplished woodworker. Need to get going on this as I am becoming bored with summer. Since I am retired, I have plenty of time. Did the restore on the 1957 coke machine myself and also rebuilt the 1947 pinball machine. Turned out great. I, too, have a couple of slots for my long necks. Yes, like your friends, mine do get a kick out of putting my dimes in the machine for a cold beer.

Cheers!

Found a trunk full of neat stuff, free at a location that a old gasoline station was being razed. A box of trailer tail lights / lens, mechanical bead expander, antique speed wrench, trailer tires ( 12" ), Gates belt measuring system, a five inch Columbian vise, bolts / washers, and my favorites, one three foot sign and a display piece.

View attachment IMG_0922.jpg

This is the sign, 36" x 30 ". It was stuck up against the ceiling face up. Owner was quite surprised but he did say anything that wasn't bolted down. I did give him twenty five dollars for letting me dig through his removal process.

View attachment IMG_0917.jpg

Sweet score! I used to have neat stuff. Now I just have stuff.

That is really cool stuff. I recently saw a horse head made out of old horse shoes, spark plugs, and other metal crap and it was beautiful. It was the centerpiece at a high scale local restaurant. I'm sure it was pretty pricy.

I am selling a truck today before it becomes garage art. It's an 06 F250 super duty that I just don't drive any more. A buddy is gonna get a great truck at about half the price of low blue book.

I still need a truck there, buddy...

It's gone now. It was a V10.Passed everything but a gas station.

Sure was pretty tho.

Went to a garage sale this morning. Standing in the corner was an old C- curve roll top desk 24" wide by 47" long. Beautiful patina, honey oak color with great functioning drawers and roll enclosure. Don't really need a desk but could not resist the price of forty dollars. I have an old matching swivel chair in the garage ceiling.
My garage is starting to look like an office with the desk and a five dollar NCR cash register that rings up totals with ease. I guess I live in the past.

View attachment IMG_4428.jpg

View attachment IMG_4439.jpg

I really like them old cash registers.

The register was $5.00 at a garage sale. Three keys were stuck down and the electric cord was cut off. I knew it didn't work but five dollars buys a great conversation piece. They call this a tombstone register due to its shape. My friend worked for NCR for three decades. He started servicing models like this. He had it up and running like new in a matter of a couple hours. Said it brought back old memories. I can't believe the steel inside this case as it weighs over 100#.

Latest posts

Back