Garage Bands

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly99

Reaction score
Any of you guys play music in your garages? That's entertaining!:cool:

I wanted to except my neighbors keep complaining about the noise since their garage is next to mine whats a good way to do noise insulation?

Duct tape over the mouth of the neighbor usually stops the complainin and loud noise they make.:D
You won't, I have seen guys just rent out a storage space out in an industrial area. $200 bucks a month was not to bad, but the winters where killer.Those neighbors did not care, and some actually enjoyed the show.

I've seen people use egg crates for bedding on the walls to reduce the noise. You could give it a try. It's an inexpensive alternative.

P.S. I want a hookah! Not fair! :)

Yeah, my friends and I jam out in my garage but we aren't part of a band. Just do it for fun on the side.

Owens Corning 703 Acoustic insulation works very well. OC 705 is thicker and works for the lower resonance. You can get these at most HVAC or Drywall businesses. They are not sold at the big box stores.

Cover them with any color Burlap material (can be purchased from Wal-Mart) to make custom sound panels. Companies like ATS Acoustics make these, if you want to see what these panels look like at retail.

You can easily fit them to your own needs for a fraction of the cost. Lots of DIY instructions are available on home theater forums.

Latest posts

Back