Gas valve for dryer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractng

Reaction score
Hello,

Currently I can smell gas at the valve area. I used the test water/soap method but it showed no sign of leakage. I also used the carbon alarm for the inside of the house and the device doesn't beep. When I turned the valve off, the smell goes away, but when it is on position I can smell it. There is a small screw tab on top of the vale with a spring on bottom. I am curious what that is. Is it for a pressure release or some sort of adjustment?

Gas company is scheduled to come here today.

gas_valve.jpg

The technician from gas company came out and tested the valve. The top of the valve where the screw tab/spring leaked. Technician used a color dial and also an electronic device.

Anyways technician offered to have the valve replace for a labor charge of $43 plus new parts (hose and valve- i just put on new hose too but it was a one time install). I never would pay for this kind of service but it was a convenience at that time. I was in the middle of laying laminate flooring and just gave in :(.

Nice thing is that if there is an issue later on, insurance company can't come back on you.

Latest posts

Back