Going Green

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miller-Boet

Reaction score
I'm totally into the "going green" thing but unfortunately when I built my garage, I was a little strapped for cash. Usually going the green route is pretty costly. Did anyone who is a part of this forum build a green garage? Or at least try to incorporate it into the building of your garage?

Building green means less money also. Go to www.craigslist.com and find stuff for free. They also have a materials section. They are also not the only ones around. Using older things and recycling them is the greenest you can get. Look around for someone who is taking down a block building, or a shed and reuse some of the lumber. I do it all the time. I have a really nice picnic table made from someones interior wall studs. I just removed the nails and sanded and finished it off. Looks antique when I finished it, and all my freinds want one. Give it a try, it is free to go scroungin, and I don't mean collecting junk, there is some good material out there.:)

Latest posts

Back