Good hacksaw blades

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccross

I feel like a lurker
Reaction score
I bought some Buck Bros. hacksaw blades from HD the other day, I think they were the 24 tooth blade. Anyways I was sawing on a metric screw and all my teeth on the blade filed down to nothing after a few strokes. Needless to say this company put a bad taste in my mouth for their quality of blades. What are some good hacksaw blades to use and where can I buy them?

I bought some Buck Bros. hacksaw blades from HD the other day, I think they were the 24 tooth blade. Anyways I was sawing on a metric screw and all my teeth on the blade filed down to nothing after a few strokes. Needless to say this company put a bad taste in my mouth for their quality of blades. What are some good hacksaw blades to use and where can I buy them?

How thick was the bolt????

I personally would use a 14-18 on a hack saw. It may not have been the blade that was your problem.

It was a m6x??? solid black bought from Ace. I dont know anything really about what kind of metal it was.

It was a m6x??? solid black bought from Ace. I dont know anything really about what kind of metal it was.

That definatly needed a lower tooth count. That is why the teeth were gone. I would use a 14 for that.

The only reason why I am doing this is because I buy buck brothers stuff at HD all the time with great results. I learned the hard way when I got into fabrication. I chewed up saw blades in my band saw and in hack saws before researching what teeth count etc means.

Cool thanks. Does anyone know where I can get those metal bands that they use for securing lumber. A used one will do, for it doesnt have to be any one certain length. I called homedepot, lowes, etc... and they all switched to plastic. Any advice?

Cool thanks. Does anyone know where I can get those metal bands that they use for securing lumber. A used one will do, for it doesnt have to be any one certain length. I called homedepot, lowes, etc... and they all switched to plastic. Any advice?

You might find what you need from a real lumber yard, if you are lucky enough to have them in your area.

A loto have converted over to the plastic bands. I might've found one, but they said I'd have to stop by to check it out.

When I worked for HD they were sponcering a nation wide effort to promote the composite/plastic banding for safety. It is just as strong but doesn't burst apart like a metal band will. The plastic snaps and then looses all energy.

As far as true metal bands, an old school lumber yard is the best route.

there is more of that stuff around me then you could ever use. if you still need some drop me a note I'll send you some......

oh btw for good hacksaw blades go to plumbing supply and get lennox blades they will cut through anything and last

oh btw for good hacksaw blades go to plumbing supply and get lennox blades they will cut through anything and last

This is very good advice. And a mental note, milwalkee blades and Lennox blades come from the same plant.

Latest posts

Back